Saturday, May 5, 2007

WKRP IN CINCINNATI is on DVD!!!

As you know, that is, if you have read my list of my favorite television series, this is one of them!!!
I was disappointed at the unfair treatment the series received in it's original run, when it was bounced around the schedule, and, apparently, never got a large enough audience to keep it on the airwaves.
I, however, watched it without fail when it was on, even though I was in college at the time, and should have been studying more.
The antics of Andy, Venus, Herb, Les, Jennifer, Bailey, and Mr. Carlson and his mother are among the best character-driven sitcom doings ever, and I am pleased that they are coming out on DVD.
I did purchase a boxed-set of VHS tapes years ago, but this DVD set has all of Season One, including the classic Thanksgiving show, and, I believe, from the description from the manufacturer, the episode in which Carlson's son runs away from military school, and has an interesting encounter with Venus.
The DVD set also includes the _two_ series pilots, I did not know it had two, and commentaries from some of the cast members.
I believe that WKRP is a must for any fan of good television shows!!!
I want a copy of this really badly, I hope I end up getting one.
Here is an ordering link to click on to order the DVD:






No comments: